Ruffwear Introduces New Advancements in Performance Dog Gear for Spring/Summer 2012
Ruffwear, the leading producer of high performance dog gear, unveils new products for spring including a redesign of the Palisades Pack™, Web Master™ Harness and K-9 Float Coat™. The new product line also features the Headwater™ Collar that is both waterproof and stink-proof.
This line of new products will be available through specialty pet and outdoor retailers as well as through www.ruffwear.com starting April 2012.
After more than fifteen years of building performance dog gear, Ruffwear applied lessons learned and improved some of their tried and proven designs for the launch of the spring 2012 line. “This season we were inspired to ponder Ruffwear’s path of discovery and the solutions we’ve created to enhance human-canine interactions. The true motivation and drive at Ruffwear comes from finding a new approach to solving old problems. With new materials and construction techniques we are able to advance the cause with better fitting, better performing dog gear that allows all of us to be happy campers,” said Patrick Kruse, Ruffwear’s Owner and Founder.
Consumer Spending On Pet Products Continues To Show Positive Growth
The American Pet Product Association reported the number of dogs and cats owned as pets rose from 163 million in 2007 to 180 million in 2011. It is also estimated that $50.84 billion was spent on dogs and cats in the U.S in 2011. This clearly represents a new high for the industry.
New Spring/Summer Product Improvements Inspired By Loyal Customer Feedback
Web Master Harness redesign– enhanced comfort and reduced weight:
Built for maneuvering and assisting dogs up and over obstacles on the trail, the supportive, multi-use Web Master Harness is popular for activities including hiking, scrambling and rehabilitation. The new refined design contains less material overall, making the Web Master Harness lighter than the previous version, while preserving its innovative features and long-term durability. MSRP: $54.95.
Web Master Harness Key Features:
• Efficient, easy-to-clip sheltered buckles keep straps firmly in place over time
• Anatomical design provides controlled, comfortable and balanced lifting with good load dispersion
• Customizable fit with five points of adjustment allow for full range of motion
• Secure design for even the best “Houdini” dog
• Foam-padded chest and belly straps for comfortable, extended wear
• Two points of connection: aluminum V-ring leash attachment up front or the webbing loop at the rear
Palisades Pack redesign –Ruffwear lightened the load by 22%:
The redesigned Palisades Pack is Ruffwear’s multi-day backcountry dog pack. This is our first choice for extended trips or when extra carrying capacity is needed. Built on our highly refined Web Master Harness chassis, the Palisades Pack offers several key features providing conveniences often found in high-end human packs. MSRP: $129.95
Palisades Pack Key Features:
• Expansive capacity saddlebags are removable for easy initial harness fitting, at rest stops and for water crossings
• Two 1.0 liter collapsible hydration bottles included
• Load compression system secures the load for a comfortable, compact carry
• Five points of adjustment with the slip-free straps of the Web Master Harness frame
• Thoughtful design elements like easy-access stash pockets, coated zippers, high-visibility reflective trim, external gear loops, and aluminum V-ring leash attachment
K-9 Float Coat redesign – canine life jackets are must-have gear for water enthusiasts:
Ruffwear knows that dogs make any outdoor experience better - water-based adventures included! When your four-legged friend is geared up in their K-9 Float Coat, you can focus on the fun when fast-moving water or long distances from shore come into play. A canine life jacket gives dogs of all breeds and their humans’ confidence and peace-of-mind in and around the water. Ruffwear redesigned their performance canine life jacket to ensure enhanced safety for dogs. MSRP: $79.95.
K-9 Float Coat Key Features:
• Natural swimming position made possible by strategically-placed closed cell panels
• Strong, low profile handle is optimally positioned to help dogs out of the water
• Sheltered buckles are protected from wear and stay in place for easy, one-handed clipping
• Built for a lifetime of water adventures with time-proven, abrasion-resistant materials
• 3M™ Scotchlite™ reflective trim for visibility in low light in or out of the water
Headwater™ Collar – a stink-proof collar for the rainy months and water activities:
The latest dog collar from Ruffwear is both waterproof AND stink-proof. The Headwater Collar is designed for dogs that live to swim, play water fetch, and reside in rainy climates. MSRP: $29.95.
Headwater Collar Key Features:
• Waterproof, coated 1-inch webbing keeps collar stink proof and looking new
• Proven reliable 4-point stitching method is trusted on parachute bridles and tie-down straps
• Highly visible reflective pattern available in four colors
All four of these new and redesigned products are available for purchase at ruffwear.com.